Tuesday, June 7, 2011

After being let go from my previous teaching position because of the nation's lack of interest in the education budget, I looked into teaching overseas. This is not the first time that this thought has crossed my mind, and I partially blame it on the fact that I'm a military brat and constantly moved while I was growing up. It also explains why I can't seem to sit still - I'm always looking for the next best thing, and right now, that next best thing is sending me to Beijing for at least a year to teach English to predominantly Chinese-speaking children. I will be working for a company called EF English First, a secondary company to Education First, the company that coordinates educational travel overseas and also foreign exchange programs internationally. I can't wait to get this experience started! Looking for apartments online makes me jittery (but in a good way)! My passport is still good from my mission trip to South Africa in 2009 so I'm just waiting on my visa paperwork to arrive from Shanghai! In the meantime? Packing my apartment in Norman and moving back in with my parents... isn't that what all 26-year-olds do when they're moving 10,000 miles away?

No comments:

Post a Comment