Tuesday, June 28, 2011

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

 It has arrived!! Today I received my visa via FedEx Next Day Service. I'm not so much having the love-hate relationship I had with them when I was sending my paperwork to Houston. I have to enter China before Sept. 22nd, which will be no problem since technically I start at my language training center on the 3rd of September, after 2 weeks of training. :) 


I'm getting more and more excited as the time progresses. I've started buying things that I know I won't be able to get while I'm over there (like tampons, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant with antiperspirant). Yeah, I know, you would think Chinese women have the same issues we do when it comes to hygiene, but apparently that is one custom Americans have come to depend on. 


We move my things from Norman on July 9th, so we only have 2 weeks to get my parents' house ready for 73 boxes and the furniture. Add in 6th grade camp, and I have a busy month of July trying to get everything settled before the big jump across the pond. Counting down the days and wishing for cooler weather... 


Be blessed and be a blessing... 

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you!! Totally worth the wait, huh?! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, I'm actually happy that I waited this long! I've grown as a person and as a teacher, so this is the perfect time for me to go. Yes, I was upset when I didn't go over two years ago, but now I know it was for the best.
    I'm happy for you as well. I've been following your OSAI experience, and I'm seeing you develop into a self-confident, young woman. Can't wait to see how you grow into your talents. :)

    ReplyDelete