Sunday, June 19, 2011

Visa Papers on Route to Houston For Processing

Yesterday I mailed off my visa papers, passport, and visa picture to Visa Express in Houston. They will be the ones to hand-deliver my application to the Chinese Consulate and request them to issue me a visa. As the time quickly approaches for me to depart American soil and step onto Chinese soil for the first time, I get antsy, nervous almost... I am excited for this part of my life's journey, and can't wait to see where I'll be teaching and to meet my fellow teachers and students. I'm especially excited to see my classroom. I know that it will be completely different than anything I've ever done before, and that includes the two weeks I spent doing mission work in South Africa in May 2009. 


I also spent most of yesterday afternoon with my mom in my apartment in Norman finishing things up and looking for specific documents that I had already packed that needed to be unpacked and filed away in my lockbox. (Could you follow that?) When I have 73 boxes to look through, I could only imagine which box these documents could be in. Of course, I was smart enough to write on each box a limited description of what was in the box (i.e., teaching documents, classroom materials, novels, tax documents, etc.). Finally, after moving several boxes, I found what I was looking for in the last box! Typical... Also, this afternoon, my mom and I got into one of the biggest fights we've ever had. I think it's her trying to push me away, so that it won't hurt as much when I leave in August, but still, it stung. Oh well, that's water under the bridge now, we've mended fences and apologized. 


Everything else seems mundane now. Apartment is packed, visa sent off for, and now I'm just waiting for the next word from Jaimee, my recruiter from English First. I'll either be arriving in Beijing on the 6th or the 20th of August, depending on when I receive my visa and when flights are available.  For now, it's just hurry up and wait. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment