Friday, August 19, 2011

Finally!!

No longer can I wake up and walk next door for free breakfast. On Wednesday afternoon, Miranda and I moved out of the hotel and into our apartment. The experience is one that I don't want to ever repeat again... Sam, our agent, had to hail a small taxi (think Hyundai!) to deliver us to our place. When we walked out of the hotel, it started raining so that had us speeding up stuffing Miranda's bags in the trunk (which took up the entire space). Where did my bags go, dear readers? On our laps in the backseat. The ride to Lishuiqiao South was extremely uncomfortable, and I could feel my right foot becoming numb. :( Once we got to the apartment though, our complaints were allayed. The apartment was clean and as soon as one of us (eventually, I did) signed the lease (in triplicate - I felt like I was signing my life away) and completed the very detailed check-in form (the landlady was very adamant about us protecting the hardwood floors) it was ours. It took our landlady Ma, our agent Sam, and I almost three hours before Miranda and I were allowed to leave for dinner. We left while Ma and Sam were finishing up the final details. Oh yeah, I guess this would be the perfect time to tell you that we hadn't eaten since breakfast that morning since Sam had told us she would pick us up at 3 pm (she finally arrived around 3:40).  
   Working at EF is wonderful! I love my job, the kids are adorable, my coworkers are still crazy (and I fear they're starting to rub off a little), and the walk to work is relatively painless (about 35-40 minutes). Today we had some computer and other electrical issues (the power kept flickering) so we thought we were going to have to scramble to teach with no resources (almost everything is on the server!). Oh, yeah, yesterday during my training I took a practice TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) and scored a 90%!! I scored higher than Ryan or Valentina, the two trainees that arrived late last month. :) I finally found something that I'm good at, but I do know that I'll have to review the International Phonetic Alphabet before I actually take the TKT Module 1 Test in either September or October (Wow, I can't believe that info I learned in my intro to speech comm class is actually useful now!) 
   I start teaching classes tomorrow morning, so I better turn the computer off (it's almost 10 pm) and go to bed! Good night! :)


Blessings and Be a Blessing!
Chantelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment